Regrettably the National Ceremonial Advisor, Shipmate Mick Kieran, has decided to hang up his pace stick and step down or as he says ‘times up’ as you can see from the attached photograph!
However, unfortunately he will still be seen at Conference, out of the rig of the day, with his shorts on, awaiting the beginning of the knobbly knees competition!
On a serious note the National President has written to Mick thanking him for his many years of sterling service to the RNA during his many years in Office as the Ceremonial Advisor.
A vacancy now exists for the position of National Ceremonial Advisor. You will be required to;
• Attend the Association Management Committee in the capacity of Advisor concerning all Ceremonial matters ( 4 times a year (3 x Portsmouth and 1 x Conference)
• Act as parade Senior Marshall at Conference and Biennial Parades
• Act as Ceremonial organiser and Judge at the National Standard Bearer competition.
• To assist and advise AMC/Central Office on content and amendment of the Ceremonial Handbook.
• To advise the General Secretary on Ceremonial Maters.
Applications are now sought from suitably qualified Shipmates. Any interested Shipmate should apply for this prestigious position by providing a small CV listing your experience and a short statement explaining why you should be considered for selection by the National Council as the new National Ceremonial Advisor. The closing date will be 01 March 2019.