December’s Branch Meeting was held at the Canary Social Club on 10 December 2019 with 44 members attending.
The usual formalities were observed with a minute’s silence for those that have crossed the bar, followed by reports from:
- The Chairman opened by giving an update on events since our last meeting commenting that only the one event had taken place; which was our Breakfast club held at the Showground Table Table on Saturday which saw 8 members managing to attend in a very busy restaurant.
- Commented that it was good to see such a healthy turnout this evening for our Christmas meeting; and in particular our Royal Navy friends from RAF Marham, questioning whether their afternoon session had progressed well?
- The Chairman expressed his thanks to all those involved in staging tonight’s Christmas meeting and to all members who brought raffle prizes for this evening, a good team effort as usual.
- Closed by wishing all members a Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year.
- Reported that S/M Chris Ellis has offered his services as Padre to the Norwich Branch and the Committee have agreed, on the Branches behalf, to accept this extremely kind offer.
- Requested that all Membership Subscriptions of £18 for 2020 are paid at the January Branch Meeting, and payments will be taken during Stand Easy.
- Closed by wishing all those present a very Merry Crimbo and best wishes for 2020, and thanked all present for their continued support in 2019.
- Commented that he had nothing to report this month, and wished all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Order of Events for this Evening.
Advised that on completion of tonight’s Branch meeting, we will have a short stand easy; then at 2000 (approx.), we will start with the Secretary’s quiz, teams of 6.
2100-2230 Mick Bowen entertainment
2140 Christmas Raffle /Auction
2215 Christmas Squares draw
14th Jan – Branch Meeting – 1930 – CSC
11th Feb – Branch Meeting – 1930 – CSC – Presentation by Barry Leggett about “Policing of Norwich in the 60’s”
16th Feb – Breakfast Club – 1000 – VTBC
Any Other Business
S/M John Kett
- Advised that he had arranged the Broads boat trip to take place at 1400 on 21 August 2020.